Just yesterday I was rummaging through the dusty boxes of stuff my mummy cleared out of an old cupboard that had been untouched in years. While sorting though this said stuff, I found some old diaries of mine. Reading though all the teenage angst and things that were a lot of importance at the time was journey that I took.
One thing that leapt out though was the list of things I wanted to achieve when I was 17 years old. Surprisingly, they haven’t changed a lot and I did end up achieving a lot of them. Here’s the list straight from my secret diary.
18th September 2007
Things I want to achieve and to get in my Lifetime
- To get good marks in my boards.
- To get into a good college and study English and score good there.
- To get a job so that I become independent.
- To keep my parents happy.
- To one day marry, have a good life and be happy like I’ve never been before.
- To get 3 dogs.
- To laugh and smile always.
- To fall in love.
- To write a book.
- To make up with my best friend. (To explain- I had gotten into a huge fight with her and it lasted years. Well check mark to this point!)
- To continue singing and pleasing my heart.
- To make my parents proud.
- To have faith in myself.
- To not be a burden for anyone.
- To continue writing in any form and not compromise on my dreams.
- To not pretend to be happy when I’m actually sad.
- To be stronger- physically and mentally.
- To always stand up for my siblings and try to make them achieve their desires.
- To try to give back to my parents some of what they have given me.
- To learn how to play the guitar.
- To learn how to drive.
- Be healthier and not fall sick as often as I do.
- To be a good daughter, sister, friend and woman.